Minorplanet solutions combine real time GPS vehicle tracking with detailed management information to help reduce fleet running costs, reduce insurance premiums, improve productivity and demonstrate compliance with legal obligations.
Their products are highly technical and represent a substantial investment for clients. Marketing communication must be clear, consistent, reassuring and reliable. Because Minorplanet offers a service that clients will rely on for essential, business-critical information, it is vital for every piece of communication to be appropriate, accurate and right first time. This is a fast-moving market - quick response is important.
Minorplanet's website lacked focus and had no strong brand identity. It was based on old technologies and was difficult to update with new additions to product range (a key asset in the technology sector). They also needed the brand to be consistently rolled out across their other literature.
What We Did
We began by re-designing and re-launching the Minorplanet corporate website, a process that included a thorough implementation of new brand guidelines. We created a wide range of marketing materials - folders, case study sheets, exhibition graphics. Since then, Minorplanet have asked us to give the existing website a facelift, strengthen their online presence and provide additional website functionality.
- Created new online identity, since rolled out into all printed materials
- Moved their site onto a stable, open-source CMS platform allowing 'real-time' content updates on the fly
- Developed several call-to-action areas, making the site much more sales orientated
- Worked side-by-side with the incumbent SEO company to strengthen overall search engine performance
- Helped devise and roll out a Google PPC program
- Launched several international subsidiary sites - Ireland, Germany, Holland, Spain and Australia
- Magazine advertising
- HTML email campaigns
- Initial brand roll-out of printed sales materials
- Literature templates to allow future work to be produced in-house
- Exhibition stand and banners
- Spanish website, stationery and sales materials sub-brand
The Spiral Difference
Taking complete responsibility for complex, detailed, business-critical projects is what we do best - our careful management helped free up Minorplanet to do what they do best. What began as a complete website restructure - from the ground up, incorporating new brand implementation - became a comprehensive roll-out. We applied the brand across the entire range of corporate literature with every aspect meticulously controlled by our DPM (Designer/Project Manager).
For an innovative company like Minorplanet, in a sector where rapid technological advance must be matched by instant communication, lead times are essential. Spiral maximised responsiveness and the client's budget by creating and supplying branded templates for Minorplanet's in-house team to use at short notice for quick-fire projects.
The most important result has been the rise in sales through the website. Clearer brand positioning and better awareness have produced positive feedback from both new and existing customer bases. Their search engine listings are up and overall bounce rate down.